I know the title implies frequently asked questions but no one even asked me such things hahaha so i should prolly change the title to “what-could-have-been-asked-to-me” to give this post enough justice. Haha!
1. What’s your full name? How are you normally called? Erika Denise Manalo Magtoto and my nickname is Ekai
2. What’s your age and when’s your birth date? 21 years old and December 10, 1990
3. What’s your height? I’m 5’7″ tall
4. Where and when did you graduate from? De La Salle University – Canlubang (near Tagaytay, Philippines) and I graduated last June 2011
5. What’s your course in college? And organizations you were active in? BS Business Administration major in Management and I was part of The Catalyst (official school publication), Youth For Christ, Tripod Society and DLSCAA Typhoons (ultimate frisbee team)
6. Where are you working now? At Mega Publishing Group as Editorial Coordinator of Meg magazine
7. Where are you most passionate at? Arts and Literature! I love writing on my Moleskine journal or my blog, I like painting landscapes and sketching style designs, I usually take photos of people, places, things and anything that i can imagine
8. What cameras do you use? My Canon 550D and Instax mini Polaroid camera
9. What is your style? I am a very laid-back person. I don’t wear accessories and mostly my wardrobe consists of basic pieces of clothing only. I only use makeup when I am at work because it is needed. I have a sense of style but i am not really into fashion or beauty. I can go out wearing a plain tee, faded denims and boots or flats.
10. What do you do to your skin and hair? What’s in your bag? I just moisturize my face, wash it before i sleep and get enough sleep and exercise. For the second question click here for the answer.
About the Blog
1. When did you start blogging? I started blogging about a year ago in Tumblr during my internship days when I was heartbroken and away from my family (wow hahaha). I wanted a creative outlet to document my memories and to share my personal life too. This is also a constant reminder for me that no matter how big the waves were thrown at me, I have to stay positive and grateful. Little did I know, I started getting heartwarming messages from my friends and from people I don’t know (usually from other countries) that they were inspired by my blog posts about life and love. I blog so that when i grow old, i have something to look back to and realize that i have changed into a happier and better person and have finally fulfilled my purpose by making a difference.
2. Where did you get the name of your blog? I saw a tag on my acid washed faded jeans that says “Life in Progress”. Those three words jogged across my mind a few times. “Life in Progress.. Life in Progress.. Life in?” and suddenly, I realized we are all in a pursuit of finding (or even creating) happiness. And then I came to the conclusion to use my favorite word “Euphoria” (mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences great feelings of well-being, elation, happiness, ecstasy, excitement and contentment). Life in Euphoria! It all made sense because i’m on a pursuit to feel infinite and euphoric.
3. What is your blog about? Life in Euphoria is an online diary and a photo blog that chronicles my daily life experience from travel or adventure, random musings like paintings or music, snapshots that tell story or capture life, and pieces of prose where i pour my soul into. I communicate my thoughts and feelings through writing. My blog is like the glue that holds all my countless of interests and desires in life as i post things fueled by love for art and literature. It is sometimes a design and lifestyle blog. I feel that I grew with this blog and it really helped me endure and carry on with life.
4. Where do you get your inspiration from? From my super family, real friends and my readers who stick with me through thick or thin. I also get inspired from pieces of art and music, my immediate surrounding, and people I meet in daily dealings.
5. What makes your blog unique and different from the rest? It is not an ordinary fashion blog that has a large cult following. I always prefer substance over style. Other than a form of self-expression, it tries to be an inspiration to others.
6. How do you want to be remembered? I don’t want to be remembered as someone who has frizzy hair, big teeth with braces and large pair of glasses. I want to be remembered as a happy and optimistic kind of person. I want to be remembered as someone who actually made a change, big or small, by touching the hearts of many. Someone who is passionate in everything she does. Someone who accepts and loves herself no matter how clumsy and imperfect she is. Someone who understands and forgives easily. Someone who becomes stronger and better with the adversities she’s been through before. Someone who tries to inspire others in all ways possible. Someone who is real and unlike any other.
Tadah! I will constantly update this post for any questions you have in mind for me and just so the title will live up to its name hahaha! Ooh by the way I like the falling snow on my homepage. Happy Holidays!